Children from ages 4 years – 5 years
Group Capacity – 25 children per day
“In the Kangaroo group, which also incorporates the Queensland Education Kindergarten Program, we strive to provide a learning environment aimed on individual needs and abilities in preparation for the Prep year at school.
At the start of the year, it is our aim to build positive relationships with each individual child and build a curriculum based on their learning styles and the skills required for school.
Here are some of the other wonderful offerings of the Kind Kangaroos:
- We encourage independent thinkers by encouraging children to take responsibility for their own belongings with an individual locker, which we believe is an important milestone for school readiness.
- Our room environment reflects the learning areas required for school readiness. We support digital learners with a designated computer area and learning programs that support early literacy and mathematical understandings. Group times and learning times are interactive with a variety of fun learning programs on the interactive Smart Board.
- Children have the opportunity to explore their natural world through science and a supported sustainability program which includes our worm farm, compost bin and vegetable garden. Children will establish values and skills to take care and seek resources from the environment.
- Our writing area provides an opportunity for individuals to build upon their fine motor skills through writing and literacy and early mathematics worksheets. Each child is provided with a workbook of their collected worksheets. This provides a great opportunity to keep track of your child’s learning and for the children to reflect upon all their achievements throughout the year.
- Early reading is supported through a relaxing book nook, allowing children to have the opportunity to sit quietly on their own or with a friend.
- Dramatic play is a wonderful way to explore creativity and the room has a home area that is changed regularly to build upon the children’s interests“.
- The Kindergarten Program, which operates within our normal long day care program, takes place tuesday to friday 40 weeks per year (we align with school terms) and is from 8.30am to 4pm each day. Within these times we provide extra curriculum activities for the Kindergarten Program, these are:-
- Martial Arts on Tuesday
- Bush Kindy on Tuesday (from Term 2)
- Yoga on Thursday and Friday
- An additional assistant Educator during core hours to provide lower educator to child ratios
- Japanese Language and Culture program + Early Learning Languages Australia (ELLA) Japanese program
- regular incursions to support curriculum, including a cooking program with a Chef in Term One and Term Two
- reduced fee’s for 15 hours (2 days) of the Kindergarten Program. Please note to get this your child must attend two days per week during the program that operates from tuesday to friday.
- Two free Kindercottage Kindergarten shirts